It has happened to all of us, we forget that we need to have insurance in the state of Nevada before we are able to register our vehicles and waste precious time at the DMV. Make sure you have all of the required documents such as proof of identity, driver’s license application, your existing vehicle registration and your Nevada Evidence of Insurance card. Opening up a policy is pretty quick and easy here at Capital Auto Insurance.
Things to know before you open up an insurance policy in Nevada …
- Bring all Driver licenses, here at Capital Auto Insurance we accept out of state and international licenses! (Of all the drivers that want to be added on the policy).
- Your insurance must be written for Nevada and at least one of the named insured must appear on the vehicle registration. Minimum coverage is 15/30/10. The minimum will be raised to 25/50/20 as of July 1, 2018 according to the Nevada DMV.
- If you are new to Nevada, you must notify your insurance company that you have moved here. Your policy must be written for Nevada. Out-of-state insurance is not accepted.
- Bring a document showing the valid VIN or at least the year, make and model.
- We offer SR-22 policies. “SR-22 Insurance” is a Certificate of Financial Responsibility that your insurance company will file with the DMV.
- We will also like to physically see the vehicle if comprehensive and Collision want to be added.
We provide instant proof of Insurance!
Capital Auto Insurance wants to make your insurance experience smoother, we have company cellphones that help us Facetime or Skype to make sure your vehicle is in good conditions if there is an issue bringing it to the office.
Calling ahead and getting a quote over the phone also makes things quick and easy! We have two convenient locations one in Reno 775-853-3388 and one located in Carson City 775-883-4433 about 1 block away from the Carson City DMV.
Don’t forget we also offer insurance for Home, Renters, Motorcycle, Mobile Home, Commercial Auto, RV, Boat Health & Life.
Capital Auto Insurance is proudly shown on the screens at the Carson City DMV!